Wednesday, August 01, 2012

It’s a sinking but lifting feeling. Does that make sense?

I don’t believe in love. Not anymore. You reassure me, of course I shouldn’t believe in love, it’s perfectly logical for me to feel like that. But you tell me to wait, love will find me. It’s out there, waiting, ready to pounce and let me know that it is real and it does exist but only when I’m ready.


We have those playful arguments, you know the type, both of us want the floor, we both want to be heard, but we have to take turns. I delight in these. In those moments of light-hearted raised voices. In you always wanting to be right, and never being wrong, on most occasions, in most situations.

You challenge me and I restore your faith. We are so clear that our lives are so busy and so full and it’s refreshing and comforting to know that, to hear that. No expectations.

You walked into my life and I came crashing into yours.

You listen intently to my dreams of changing the world and I can’t shut up telling you about how I’m going to make something of myself with a confidence I’ve never had before. But then I tell you that it never happens for people like me, how could it? Why would it? You can’t wait to bite back, instantly, telling me that nothing ever happened on it’s own and that I’ve got to make it happen. I laugh out of control, you are so silly. But you have a point. You are talented. So very talented.

I’m the lucky one. Thanks for walking in. Take a seat and never leave.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks...it through up thoughts of the many times I've been there